Monday, February 15, 2010

Cookie Taster of the Week: Beezer & Dusty

beezer schnitzel is my younger sister and newly engaged to dusty. she is working on her bs in mechanical engineering and eventually wants to go biomedical (yes, she's smart and helps me with ochem). beezer and dusty have signed up to be cookie tasters of the week on different weeks and i have decided to let it slide because they're college kids and it's fun to get stuff in the mail when you're in school (well, it's always fun to get stuff in the mail anytime when it's not a bill).
modeling the cookies, their kitty, phyllis
M&M Cookies: 2.8
They were very soft in the middle, which was great. M&M's are always delicious, but I think that chocolate chips might have been just as good if not a little better in them (I can't believe I just said that). I agree with you about Martha's love of coarse salt. I don't see why she thinks it is so amazing. It definitely made the cookies taste salty. If I wanted salty, Martha, I would eat potato chips and not cookies. It was a good try, but your angel cookies, Mom's top secret recipe, and Chelsie's chocolate chip cookie recipe beat Martha hands down.

Peanut Butter Cookies: 3.2
These cookies did not travel very well. They were a little dry and very crumbled when they got here. Other than that, they tasted pretty good. I haven't had a peanut butter cookie in quite a while, and I forgot how delicious they are. Maybe I should have drizzled some chocolate on them too...

3 comments:

  1. Holy moly, Phyllis!!! Your ears are GINORMOUS...and I mean that in the most loving way possible. Can't believe that's the same little kitty I saw at Thanksgiving. She looks so different but very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm...i never had the aforementioned angel cookies or chelsie's cookies, however; nothing is better than your mother's cookies...best birthday present! and did you realize Beezer's nickname during basketball in high school was "cookie monster", this cookie thing definitely runs in the family.

    ReplyDelete