Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lime Meltaways

this little cookie
is not so neat to eat-
but it does,
make a refreshing little treat
(betcha can't eat just one!)

overall rating: 4.48

ease to make: 5
clean up: 5

if you or your cookie lovers like lime there are pretty much the bomb. you make them exactly like the earl grey tea cookies, so once you figure that out then everything is easier. like martha suggests, i did pull my ruler out and measure these to the exact specifications of MIW (martha's infinite wisdom). they do get powdered sugar everywhere, but who doesn't like powdered sugar? the best part about these: they last up to 2 weeks in an airtight container! do you know how long that is? you could make a double batch of these (they would be popular, 1 batch would never last) and have 2 different groups of friends over on 2 different weekends and serve the SAME cookies each weekend... that's baking once for 2 events! whoa! good idea martha!

3 comments:

  1. I tried to be a tester but you didn't pick up the phone. maybe next trip down the mountain I can taste your creations!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stays good for 2 weeks huh? Sounds like the perfect cookie to ship overseas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, I was skeptical about these ones, because I don't care for lime in cookies...but...THIS COOKIE IS THE BOMB! It's changed my mind about lime!

    ReplyDelete